Thursday 9 October 2008

Confusing Fonts

You might be wondering what the heck I mean by "Confusing Fonts" well over the last few years I've been to many websites that use fonts that are just unreadable and this can get annoying after a while, so why do people insist on using fonts are are just unreadable ?

I just dont have an exact reason to why people insist on using confusing fonts but I think that they do not like using the standard fonts just because they look standard.
I personally think standard fonts can look really nice with editing in a photo editor and are easy to read, look clean and you do not have to go looking for hours to find a font that you think is nice but in reality is unreadable for most people.


Here are a few standard fonts that I have played with in a photo editor and you can see the difference they no longer look "standard" they are easy to read, do not look confusing, they look clean and they look good, so please dont keep using confusing fonts, try standard ones with a little editing it can be really rewarding and most of all other people can actually read your fonts.

Dominic F

2 comments:

Sharon J said...

Another thing I don't like is when people use non-standard fonts in their ordinary html because if you don't have that particular font yourself, the browser will load the page with a standard font and it won't look the way the designer intended it to. Everything's better if people stick with standard fonts.

Dominic F said...

I totally agree Sharon :-)